- Eliminates the upfront cost of buying equipment by leasing and lets you enjoy the benefits of having manageable payments over time instead
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you significant cash-savings
- Leasing through Excedr costs less than buying the equipment outright
- Our comprehensive repair coverage minimizes your lab’s downtime
- Excedr handles the admin work associated with equipment procurement and maintenance
- The money saved with our leasing program, clients are more capable to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
A densitometer measures the density of an object. More specifically, it measures the degree to which light is either able to pass through or not pass through a material. This property is referred to as optical density. In densitometry, a light-sensitive material’s optical density is measured by exposing it to light and observing how much light the object absorbs, which is why it is also called absorptiometry. Densitometers are used for measuring color saturation in prints, quantifying radioactivity of compounds in gene studies, as well as seeing extensive use in the field of radiology. There are two main types of densitometers: transmission and reflection. Transmission densitometers deal with the measurement of light passing through an object, while reflection densitometers measure how much light reflects off of an object.
A very specific type of absorptiometer is a dual-energy X-ray absorptiometer (DXA or DEXA), also known as a bone densitometry scanner. This is a medical device that is used to measure bone mineral density (BMD). Directly dealing with patients’ bones can be difficult and incredibly painful, which is why an indirect method of measuring bone density is very important. DXA is a quick, non-invasive scan that uses a small dose of ionized radiation to examine a patient’s bones. Most commonly, DXA is used as a diagnostic tool to monitor osteoporosis or the risk of developing osteoporotic fractures. It is also used to determine an individual’s risk for bone fractures or other conditions that cause bone loss.
DXA Scanners Function, Techniques & Associated Costs
DEXA scanners are able to measure bone mineral densities by using high energy X-ray beams that can penetrate the human body. Specifically, two X-ray beams of different energy levels pass through the patient’s body while some of the X-rays are absorbed by bones and soft tissue. The X-rays that are not absorbed pass through the body and are picked up by a detector. After subtracting, the energy that is absorbed by the soft-tissue bone density can be calculated based on how much energy was picked up after passing through the body. The denser the bones the more energy that they absorb, meaning less energy is able to pass through the body and be picked up by the detectors.
The parts on DXA scanners can vary from model to model. Specifically, the type of filter and tube voltage that is used can be different. Cerium and samarium filters are two of the most common types of filters that are used, with tube voltages of either 80 or 100 kilovolts. Additionally, DXA scanners are classified as being one of two types of devices:
- Central: The larger of the two types. Central devices are used to measure BMD of the hip or spine. Equipped with a large table and an “arm” that hangs over the patient.
- Peripheral: Considerably smaller than central devices, peripheral devices, sometimes referred to as pDXA, are used to measure BMD in the wrists, heels, and fingers. They are portable and weigh around 60 pounds.
Dual X-ray absorptiometry and laser technique describe a method of measuring BMD using lasers to measure the thickness of the area being scanned. This aims to improve the data and the accuracy of the measurements that are obtained in conventional DXA scanners. In order for DXA scanners to account for the X-ray energy that is absorbed by soft tissues, doctors must assume that there is a constant relationship between it and adipose tissue. This is not always the case, and can lead to measurement errors. In DXL, having a laser scan the thickness of the area being measured can then give doctors the information they need to produce more accurate BMD.
Deep Space Studies with Densitometers
Space travel has always possessed an allure that has been difficult to ignore. We continue to send people and spacecrafts deeper and deeper into and out of our solar system. We have even set up the International Space Station to run experiments while in orbit around our planet. Our sights seem set on making our next major manned mission to Mars, posing some unique issues. We know that prolonged time spent in zero gravity has some major effects on our body, however, we do not fully understand all of those effects. Part of the research being conducted on the ISS is focused on determining what exactly might happen to future space travelers while spending, months at a time in this unique environment. In 2016, NASA studied the effects of prolonged exposure to low gravity on the body by sending one of the Kelly identical twins into space while the other remained on earth. The results were fascinating, and indicated that a prolonged flight in space would result in some major changes in the human body. When Scott Kelly came back from his year spent in space, scientists found that the effects of microgravity even altered his DNA. Chromosomal changes, bone density loss, and gut flora changes signal to scientists that when we do make the trip to Mars we will need to be prepared for the consequences of space travel.
Regardless of your DXA scanning needs, acquiring a bone densitometer should not negatively affect your lab. At Excedr, our leasing program allows you to spread out the large upfront cost of purchasing a DXA scanner over multiple years giving you more money on a day to day basis to reinvest into your lab.
We Offer Bone Densitometer Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
BONE DENSITY METER MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- GE Healthcare: Lunar iDXA, Prodigy, Aria, Achilles EXPII
- SwissRay: Norland Advantages, ELITE, XR-600, XR-800
- HOLOGIC: Horizon DXA System
- BeamMed: Sunlight MiniOmni, Sunlight Omnisense 9000, Sunlight Omnisense 8000
- Osteometer MediTech Inc.: DTX-200 DexaCare
- CyberLogic Inc: UltraScan 650
- Diagnostic Medical Systems (DMS) Imaging: 3D-DXA, Stratos dR, Stratos
- Medonica: OSTEO PRIME, OSTEO ACE
- Xingaoyi Medical Equipment: XGY-SUPRA
- Osteosys: SONOST-2000, SONOST-3000, SONOST-3000V, EXA-PRESTO, EXA-3000, DEXXUM T-Quantum, DEXXUM T, EXCELLUS, PRIMUS
- Echolight: EchoStation, EchoS, EchoStudio
- Medlink: MEDIX DR, MEDIX 90, PEGASUS SMART, 3D-DXA
- Yozma BMTech: OsteoPro Max, OsteoPro Grand, OsteoPro UBD2002A, ARIA DXA
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.