- Leasing eliminates the upfront cost of buying equipment, enabling you to make payments over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, yielding you significant cash-savings
- It costs less to lease through our program than to purchase outright
- Our comprehensive repair coverage minimizes your lab’s downtime
- We handle and streamline the admin work associated with instrument procurement and maintenance
- With the capital saved through our program, labs are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Outside of a longer shelf life, cryodessicated products maintain their appearance and characteristics, making the process invaluable when studying materials that are heat sensitive, such as microbes, plasma, proteins, pharmaceutical products, and tissue samples.
The Three Steps of Cryodessication
Lyophilizers work on the principle of sublimation, the process of changing ice, a solid, directly into a vapor without entering a liquid state in between. The specific steps for freeze drying are:
Pretreating Your Sample
There are numerous ways to pretreat samples, but common ones include: concentrating the sample, decreasing the amount of high-vapor-pressure solvents in the sample, adding components or compounds for stability, or simply increasing the surface area the sample occupies.
The Freezing Process
The freezing stage comes next. First, the sample is cooled to a temperature below its triple point, the lowest point where the solid, liquid, and gas phases are all at equilibrium. By performing this process at this temperature range, sublimation can occur as opposed to melting. Generally speaking, the goal is to create large ice crystal structures within the sample during this process. This helps to expedite the removal of water vapor once the sublimation process occurs. This can be done by annealing, a method where the temperature is cycled up and down until the structure is appropriately set.
Drying Your Sample
Once the sample is frozen, the drying process can start. The pressure is lowered and the sample has just enough heat applied to it to cause the ice to sublimate. This causes approximately 95% of the water in the sample to sublimate. This process is frequently a slow one, sometimes taking several days, because if too much heat is applied, the structure of the sample can change.
The secondary drying phase aims to remove any remaining unfrozen water molecules. The temperature is generally raised during this process, but the pressure is frequently also lowered to force out the remaining moisture. Once this process is completed, the process is complete and the material gets sealed in whatever container is needed
The first known application of freeze-drying happened somewhere you might not have expected, the Andes mountains. The indiginous peoples who lived in the area needed to prolong the amount of time their food remained edible. Due to the harshness of the environment, having emergency stores of food was tremendously helpful. The potatoes they took from the lowland areas of their home were smashed to remove water and then were left to freeze on the mountain at night. This plus their exposure to sunlight during the day completed the cryodessication process, giving them shelf stable rations for the harder months. It took hundreds of years for this methodology to make its way to the industrial side of the world, having been implemented in 1890 at its earliest.
Thankfully, you don’t have to travel to the Andes to make freeze drying part of your operation, as Excedr can get you the lyophilizer that suits your needs. Reach out to us and learn more about how our leasing programs can help save you time and money!
We Offer Pharmaceutical Freeze Dryer Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
Lyophilizer Manufacturers & Models on the Market
- Labconco: FreeZone 2.5 Liter, FreeZone 4.5 Liter, FreeZone Legacy, FreeZone Triad, 12 Port Dry Ice Benchtop
- Millrock Technology: Quanta, Epic, Magnum XL, Magnum, Revo, Stellar, Magnum Pro, Revo Pro, MicroFD, QuantaS Steam
- Buchi: Lyovapor L-200, Lyovapor L-300
- SP Scientific: AdVantage 2.0, AdVantage Pro, BenchTop Pro, VirTis Benchmark, VirTis AdVantage Pro, Hull Production, 24FS40, 24FXS50, 48FS75, 48FXS75, 72FS100, 72FXS100, 120FS175, 120FXS200, 220FXS450, 450FXS800, FreezeMobile 25, FreezeMobile 35, FreezeMobile Shell Bath, Genesis Pilot, Ultra Pilot, LyoStar3, LyoCapsule, LyoConstellation, GPFD
- Martin Christ: Alpha 1-2 LDplus, Alpha 1-4 LSCbasic, Alpha 2-4 LSCbasic, Alpha 3-4 LSCbasic, Beta 1-8 LSCbasic, Beta 2-8 LSCbasic, Alpha 1-4 LSCplus, Alpha 2-4 LSCplus, Beta 1-8 LSCplus, Beta 2-8 LSCplus, Gamma 1-16 LSCplus, Gamma 2-16 LSCplus, Delta 1-24 LSCplus, Delta 2-24 LSCplus, Epsilon 1-4 LSCplus, Epsilon 2-4 LSCplus, Epsilon 2-6D LSCplus, Epsilon 2-10D LSCplus, Epsilon 2-12D LSCplus, Epsilon 2-16D LSCplus
- Zirbus Technology GmbH: VaCo-Series, VaCo 2, VaCo 5, VaCo 10, Sublimator 5, Sublimator 15, Sublimator 25, ZT6, ZT12
- Yamato: DC Series Freeze Dryer, DC401, DC801
- Harvest Right: Scientific Freeze Dryer, Pharmaceutical Freeze Dryer
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.