- Eliminates the upfront cost of buying equipment by leasing and lets you enjoy the benefits of having manageable payments over time instead
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you significant cash-savings
- Purchasing equipment outright is often significantly more expensive than leasing through us
- Our worry-free repair coverage minimizes instrument downtime
- The administrative work associated with instrument procurement and maintenance is completed by us
- Using the capital saved through our program, companies are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Testing biological cells out of their natural environment is a vital part of medical, environmental, and pharmaceutical research. While testing,the cells are in a different environment than their normal one and begin to degrade or change. Carbon dioxide incubators have been developed to allow for cell cultures to grow in conditions that simulate the cell’s natural environment. CO2 incubators are also called gassed incubators and cell culture incubators. The in-vitro cultivation of living organisms offers sterile conditions and allows the tester to control many different environmental conditions. These gassed incubators are kept at a constant temperature and humidity, while the amount of oxygen and CO2 that are present remains consistent. CO2 incubators are used to maintain, expand, or culture cells samples over a period of time ranging from hours to weeks.
Cell culture incubators attempt to recreate conditions that are identical to the cell’s natural environment. They offer control over temperature, humidity, and hypoxic condition. Hypoxia is a medical condition where the body does not have a lot of oxygen in it. For incubators, the amount of oxygen that is allowed in it is referred to as the hypoxic conditions. In addition to their environmental controls, they also provide germ-free conditions for cell growth. This is done through the use of rust-resistant, non-corrosive materials lining the internal structure of the incubator. Stainless steel is the most common material used and is considered the industry standard. The temperature is normally kept between 4 to 50°C. Maintaining a constant temperature is important for cell culturing because volatility can be detrimental to cellular health, which would ultimately skew the results of the experimental assay.
Water jackets and electric coils are the two main techniques used to keep the temperature consistent inside the incubator. Proper humidification is also vital to ensure that the cell cultures do not become unusable by drying out. Relative humidity is normally kept between 95% to 98%. This is achieved either by use of an atomizer system or by a water reservoir. CO2 and O2 concentrations can alter a cell’s development and need to be controlled to ensure that the cells grow correctly. The whole incubator should provide a totally homogenous environment that promotes cell growth.
Cell Culture Incubator Instrumentation, Techniques, & Price
Though the basics of CO2 incubators are fairly similar across makes and models, there is variation in the specific techniques of devices that are used. All incubators have housings, insulation, interior chambers, temperature control units, humidity control units, and gas concentration units. Temperature control and which material is used for the chamber can vary across model types depending on what is needed.
Stainless Steel Chamber
Part of maintaining an environment that encourages cell growth relies on ensuring that there are no germs or other contaminants that develop inside the incubator. The most common solution to this problem is to use stainless steel, a non-corrosive metal. The interior is smooth and therefore does not have any of the sharp corners, welds, or seams where bacteria normally like to collect. Stainless steel is also non-porous, making it more difficult for germs to collect on the walls of the container.
Though not as popular as stainless steel, copper is also used as a material for the container. Copper and its alloys have inherent antimicrobial properties which are not fully understood. However, it has been verified that when copper interacts with proteins or other microbial materials it destroys them. Specifically, brass, a copper alloy, has been observed releasing copper ions that killed fecal bacteria.
Water-Jacketed Temperature Control
Maintaining an environment with a steady temperature is vital to ensuring that cell culturing proceeds as intended. Fluctuations could damage the cells making them entirely useless. Water-jacket insulation controls the temperature in the incubator by circulating water through the walls of the chamber. Water is able to retain heat longer than air, so having the entire container surrounded by heated water helps to insulate the incubation chamber. This results in the internal temperature being able to withstand fluctuations of temperature in the surrounding environment. Water-jacketed incubators can even maintain their temperature in the event of a power outage.
Air-Jacketed Temperature Control
Also referred to as forced air CO2 incubators, this is a thermal insulation technique similar to water-jacketed incubators. The interior chamber of an air-jacketed incubator has an additional wall surrounding it. In between those two walls, a heated current of air is circulated, providing thermal insulation. Air can be heated much faster than water which makes the setup process easier. Additionally, the air that is circulated can be heated to the point where it is sterilized.
Direct Heat Temperature Control
Water-jacketed incubators are useful, but due to the added weight of the water they can be heavy. Additionally, the water needs to be kept clean from contaminants like algae. Direct heat offers an efficient and lightweight alternative. With electric coils that are on every surface of the interior chamber, direct heat incubators use the radiated heat to control the temperature. A large advantage of direct heat incubators is their ease of use and setup.
The Advanced Biological Research System Aboard the ISS
Aboard the International Space Station (ISS) there is a whole lab that is devoted to biological studies in microgravity conditions. The unique environment that ISS is in has opened up whole new areas of study in the field of biology. The Advanced Biological Research System, a single locker system providing two growth chambers, grew the first tree to ever be grown in space. The BioLab Experiment Laboratory observes microgravity and space radiation’s effect on microorganism and cells. Due to space’s unique characteristics, maintaining good cell cultures can be a challenge. Since cell cultures are vital to the biological research lab aboard the ISS, they have many incubators that serve a variety of purposes.
Cell culture incubators are incredibly important pieces of equipment. Whether you are studying tissue cells or culturing bacteria, purchasing a CO2 incubator should only positively affect your lab. Our gassed incubator leasing program allows you to avoid the burdensome upfront cost of purchasing while also providing you with comprehensive repair coverage.
We Offer Gassed Incubator Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
CO2 INCUBATOR MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- ThermoFisher Scientific: Heracell 150i, Heracell 240i, Heracell VIOS 160i, Heracell VIOS 160i tri-gas, Heracell VIOS 160i with Cell Locker System, Heracell VIOS 250i, Heracell VIOS 250i tri-gas, Forma 310 Direct Heat, Forma Steri-Cycle, Forma Steri-Cycle i160, Forma Steri-Cult, Forma Series II 3110 Water Jacketed, Forma Series 3 Water Jacketed, BBD 6220, Large-Capacity Reach-in CO2 Incubator
- Eppendorf: CellXpert C170, CellXpert C170i, Galaxy 48 R,New Brunswick S41i
- VWR International
- Caron Products: Wally series, 7410-5, 7411-5, 7420-5, Oasis series, Oasis 6400 series, Refrigerated 7001 series, Heated 7002 series, Heated/Humidified 7003 series, Reach-in 7400 series, Reach-in 7401 series, Reach-in 7402 series, 7403 series, GelJacket 7404 series
- PHCbi: Cell-IQ Series, CytoGrow CO2, CytoGrow Stackable, CytoGrow ReachIn, MCO-5M multi-gas MIR Heated Incubators, MIR Cooled Incubators, MLR Climate Test Chambers
- Stuart Equipment: SI60, SI60D, SI60/1, SI60/2, SI19, SI505, SSM51, SSM52, SSM53, SI505/IQOQ, SI500, SI500/IQOQ, SI600, SI600/IQOQ, SI600C, SI30H
- Techne: Hybrigene HB-3D, Hybridiser HB-1D
- BioSan: S-Bt Smart biotherm, Orbital Shaker-Incubator, ES-20, ES-20/60, ES-20/80
- BINDER Inc.: Series C, C170, Series CB, CB 60, CB 170, CB 220, Series B Classic.Line, Series BD Avantgarde.Line, Series BD Classic.Line, Series BD-S Solid.Line, Series BF Avantgarde.Line, Series BF Classic.Line, Series KT, Series KB, Series KBW, Series KBWF
- Yamato Scientific: IC Series, IN Series, INE800
- Benchmark Scientific
ST-45, ST-45 PLUS, ST-180, ST-180 PLUS, myTemp Mini CO2, myTemp H Mini Digital, MyTemp HC Mini Digital, SureTemp Precision, myTemp 65HC
Incu-Shaker C02 Mini, Incu-Shaker, Incu-Shaker Mini, Incu-Shaker 10L, Incu-Shaker 10LR, MultiTherm Heating/Cooling Vortexer, MultiTherm Shaker, Incu-Mixer MP, Incu-Mixer MP2, Incu-Mixer MP4
- BioTek: BioSpa 8 Automated
- Kuhner AG: ISF1-X (Climo-Shaker), ISF4-X (Climo-Shaker), LT-X (Lab-Therm)
- Labotect: C16, C60, C200, C201, Labo C-Top, Labo C-Top with SAFE Sens pH monitoring, CellTrans 2018, Thermo Cell Transporter 3018
- Memmert: ICOmed series, ICO50med, ICO105med, ICO150med, ICO240med, IVF module for ICOmed, ICO50med IVF, ICO105med IVF, Compressor-cooled ICPeco, Incubator Im series, Peltier-cooled IPP series
- Hettich: HettCube 200, HettCube 200R, HettCube 400, HettCube 400R, HettCube 600, HettCube 600R
- LABWIT: ZOCR-1150B, ZXDB series, ZXGP series, ZXMP series, ZXSD series, ZWYR series, ZWFR series, ZWY series, ZWF series
- Shel Lab: SCO series, SMI series, SRI series, SSI series
- Living Cell Instrument (LCI): Stage-top Incubator System T, TU-O-10, TU-C-10, TU-H-10, TU-C-20, TU-O-20, TU-H-20, Chamlide, Chamlide CMB
- BioBase: BJPX-C50, BJPX-C80, BJPX-C160, BJPX-A series, BJPX-A(II) series, BJPX-B series, BJPX-G series, BJPX-HT series, BJPX-HT(II) series, BJPX-L series, BJPX-L(II) series, BJPX-M series, BJPX-M(II) series, BJPX-M(III) series, BJPX-P series
- NuAire: In-VitroCell ES NU-5700, NU-5710, NU-5720, NU-5731, NU-5741, NU-5800, NU-5810, NU-5820, NU-5831, NU-5841, NU-8600, NU-8631
- MMM Medcenter Einrichtungen GmbH (MMM Group):
CO2CELL line, CO2CELL Standard line, CO2CELL Comfort line
INCUCELL line, INCUCELL ECO line, INCUCELL EVO line, INCUCELL V line, INCUCELL ECO line, INCUCELL V EVO line, Friocell line, Friocell ECO line, Friocell EVO line, Climacell line, Climacell ECO line, Climacell EVO line
- MedFuture LLC
MF-IC series, MF-IC-II series
MF-IH series, MF-IH-II series, MF-IB series, MF-IB-II series, MF-IB-III series, MF-I series, MF-IP series, MF-IP10, MF-IP20, MF-IP-II series, MF-I103B, MF-I100B, MF-I200B
- Boekel Scientific:
- VELP Scientific: FOC 120E, FOC 120I, FOC 215E, FOC 215I, FOC 215IL, FTC 120
- LEEC: Culture Safe TOUCH Range, Safe Touch 190, Safe Touch 190S, T190, T190, Mini Culture Safe TOUCH, Mini Safe Touch 50, Mini Safe Touch 50S, T50, T50S, Culture Safe PRECISION Range, Safe Precision 190, Safe Precision 190D, P190, P190D, Mini Culture Safe PRECISION, Safe Precision 50, P50, Research GA2000, Standard GA2010, Research GA3000, Standard GA3010, Precision Cooled Range
- EuroClone: S@fegrow PRO, Safegrow PRO, S@feGrow 188, SafeGrow 188
- KW Apparecchi Scientifici
Incubators and Agitators for Platelets, T range, W48RT, W96RT, W18RT, W85RF, WR-KWAP
- Jisico Lab and Scientific Instruments
J-IBO series, J-IBO1, J-IBO2, J-IBO3
J-NSIO, J-SISN-R, J-NSIL-R, J-SCR, J-SCI, J-MPIL, J-MPIS
- Heal Force Bio-medtech: HF100, HF90, HF240, HF151UV, HF212UV, HF160W
- Raypa: Series ID, ID-20, ID-40, ID-50, ID-90, ID-150, ID-288, ID-480, ID-720, Series IRE, IRE-160, IRE-240, IRE-475
- NÜVE: EC 160 CO2, EN 055, EN 120, EN 300, EN 400, EN 500, ES 120, ES 252
- Esco Medical: CelCulture, Mini Miri Benchtop, Miri Benchtop Multi-room
- Maan Labs
- Vision Scientific Co. Ltd.
VS-9000C, VS-9000GC, VS-9160C, VS-9160GC, VS-2050CW, VS-2180CW, VS-2050COW, VS-2180COW, VS-2050C7, VS-2180C7, VS-2050CO7, VS-2180CO7, VS-2180C7R, VS-2180CO7R, VS-2180C7S, VS-2180CO7R, VS-2180C7S, VS-2180CO7S, VS-2610C7, VS-2880C7, VS-2610CO7, VS-2880CO7, VS-2050C, VS-2180C, VS-2050CO, VS-2180CO
VS-3155i, VS-3250i, VS-1203P1S, VS-1203S, VS-3230Mi, VS-1203P-D, VS-5600A, VS-312Bi, VS-3150Bi, VS-3250Bi, VS-3432Bi, VS-35=250Bi-C, VS-320Bi-DM, VS-3125Di, VS-3250Di, VS-3125Qi, VS-3125QiC, VS-101Si, VS-101SiDR, VS-8480S, VS-8480SF, VS-8480SN, VS-8480SFN, VS-8480SR, VS-8480SRN, VS-8480SL, VS-8480MX2, VS-8480MX4, VS-8480MX2-DT, VS-8480MX4-DT
- Shanghai Boxun Medical Biological Instrument Corp.
BC-J80, BC-J160, BC-J250, BC-J160
SPX series, BSP series, MJX series, BMJ series, BSC series, BSG series, BIC series, BXG series, D series, BSD series, BSD-YX series, BSD-YX(F) series, BSD-WX series, BSD-WX(F) series, BSD-TX series, BSD-TF series, HPX series, BPX series, BXP series, GSP series, BG series
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.