- Eliminate the upfront cost of buying equipment by leasing and enjoy the benefits of having manageable payments over time instead
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which can lead to significant cash-savings
- Purchasing equipment outright is often significantly more expensive than leasing through us
- We offer comprehensive repair coverage to keep your lab’s downtime to a minimum
- The administrative work associated with instrument procurement and maintenance is completed by us
- Saving money with our program allows labs to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Created in 1963, solid-phase peptide synthesis (SPPS) is a wonderful process that helps enable the creation of peptides. This process allows for the development of automated peptide synthesizers, machines that drastically simplify and expedite the production of peptides.
This technique’s main purpose is to create both small peptides and large proteins. The automation of the process simplifies the aggravatingly tedious steps of purification that the traditional method required in regard to solution-phase synthesis. This, in addition to the robotic instrumentation, makes preparing multiple peptide samples simultaneously very simple. All that is required is defining and inputting the synthesis strategy and adding in the amino acid sequence.
Peptides themselves offer a range of uses in the medical and research fields including acting as chemical messengers, inter- and intra-cellular mediators, hormones, and much more. Even some antibiotics and pathogens can be manufactured using this process, and continued research is coming up with new developments every year.
Process, Benefits, & Automated Protein Synthesizer System Cost
These systems allow researchers, medical professionals, and many others to keep creating the specific proteins and peptides they need with tremendous ease. There are several parts to the process of synthesizing peptides, they are:
Peptide deprotection is a secondary process in the synthesis of peptides. Amino acids contain a variety of reactive groups. and to create the proper peptide chain without adverse side reactions adding in chemical groups that block specific reactive groups is necessary. This is called blocking or protecting. Deprotecting is the process of removing the protecting groups just after the coupling to allow the other amino acids to bind, growing the peptide chain in the proper manner. It is important to note that virtually all synthesis processes find using multiple protecting groups to be necessary, and thus having groups that are completely compatible and do not interfere with one another’s functions is a must.
Amino Acid Coupling
Amino acid coupling requires the activation of carboxylic acid on the amino acid added to the reaction. This allows the N-terminus of the growing peptide chain to connect with the C-terminal of the amino acid, allowing the peptide bond to form and the chain to continually grow. The N-terminus of the newly created peptide chain is deprotected next and the above process is repeated until the full length of the peptide is completed.
After the coupling and deprotection cycles are completed the remaining protecting groups have to be removed from the peptide that is being formed. The method of “cleaving” out these groups is called acidolysis, and the specific chemical used to remove the groups is entirely dependent on the protection groups that were used. This process is extremely important for proper peptide synthesis and cannot be overlooked.
Protein Synthesis Strategies
While peptide synthesis can be rather chemically complex, a synthesizer makes the process much simpler. There are two main methods that are used to generate peptides and proteins, so it is important to know the difference if you are looking to lease:
- Liquid Phase: This is the classic methodology that was implemented by scientists when they were first discovering that they could generate peptide in vitro. While this method is not as common in the present day, it is still used quite often when performing large-scale synthesis. Unfortunately, the difficulty and length of time needed to use this method have made it less popular since the advent of SPPS.
- Solid Phase: Solid-phase, or SPPS, is the more common method used to create peptides presently. The main reason for the success of this method is due to peptide synthesizers,easy automation, and a high-throughput that they offer. This is in line with many other biological manufacturing processes and is a huge boon to researchers and medical professionals alike.
Whatever features, make, or brand you need we can lease it to you. Your laboratory deserves the best devices for the research that needs to get done, and you deserve to save time and money. Don’t waste your money buying outright when enrolling in our leasing program can save you money
We Offer Customized Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
PEPTIDE SYNTHESIS DEVICE MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- CEM: Liberty PRIME, Liberty Blue HT12, Liberty Blue, Liberty Lite, Discover Bio, Razor, MultiPep 1, MultiPep 2, Liberty PRO, CleavagePro
- Biotage: Initiator+ Alstra, Initiator+ SP Wave, Syro, Syro II, Syros XP, S2PS, Syro Heating Block, S1PS, Alstra Remote, Initiator Peptide Workstation
- Gyros Protein Technologies: Prelude X, Symphony X, Tribute, Symphony/Quartet, Sonata/Sonata XT, PS3, PurePrep Chorus, Ultra PurePep Pathway
- CS Bio: CS136 Series, CS136S, CS136X, CS336 Series, CS336S, CS336X, CS536 Series, CS536, CS536X, CS936 Series,CS936, CS936X
- AAPPTec: Eclipse, Infinity 2400,Focus Xi, Focus XC, Focus XC II, Focus XC III, Apex 396, APEX 396HT, Model 400, Model 400-P4, Titan 357, Endeavor 90, Matrix 384, Labmate
- Intavis: MultiPep RSi, MultiPep CF, ResPep SLi, Slide Spotting Robot, CelluSpots, SPOT module
- Activotec: Activo-P11 Automated Peptide Synthesizer,Activo-P14 Peptide Synthesizer, Activo-P12 Cleavage Device, Activo-LS55 Automated Peptide Synthesizer
- Advanced ChemTech: Tetras Peptide Synthesizer
- Peptide Machines, Inc.: Discovery-4, Discovery-12
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.