- Eliminates the upfront cost of purchasing equipment by diffusing its cost over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you significant cash-savings
- It costs less to lease through our program than to purchase outright
- Our worry-free repair coverage minimizes instrument downtime
- We deal with and expedite the administrative work needed for instrument procurement and maintenance
- With the capital saved through our program, labs are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Extracting and purifying nucleic acids from viral, genomic, or cellular origins is important in studying biomolecules. By isolating these molecules they become easier to work with during other downstream processes, test preparations, or analysis. Specifically, protein purification is an important aspect of protein research and observing their purpose in DNA synthesis activity. It is also necessary to look at their size, charge, shape, and function.
DNA, RNA, and proteins all have different purification methods. The two main techniques for purifying DNA are to isolate the recombinant constructs like plasmids or bacteriophages, as well as chromosomal or genomic DNA. The chromosomal DNA is isolated from prokaryotic or eukaryotic organisms. For nucleic acid purification, there are four main steps involved. These include disrupting the tissues or cells, denaturation of nucleoprotein complexes, inactivation of nucleases, and finally removing it from contamination. In biochemistry, denaturation refers to the process where nucleic acid structures are modified. RNA extraction techniques that are free of specific enzymes present in the blood, or RNases-free, must be employed. This is due to the delicate nature of RNA once it is removed. The two most common RNA isolation methods are the utilization of 4M guanidinium thiocyanate and the utilization of phenol and SDS. Protein extraction can be achieved through shearing forces, treating it with low ionic salt, and rapid changes in pressure. These sudden pressure changes are meant to allow proteins to escape the cell by breaking the membrane that surrounds it.
Manual purification and extraction is a laborious process that includes repeated centrifugation and other mechanical or chemical treatment. Quick DNA, RNA, and protein isolation methods are necessary due to the natural degradation of the samples. Specifically, RNA is a very unstable molecule and has a short half-life once extracted from the cell or tissue. Automating this process has allowed for higher throughput of samples, more accurate purification and extraction, while virtually eliminating human error and providing quicker results.
Nucleic Acid Purification & Extraction Techniques, Methods, & Cost
Automated nucleic acid purification and extraction systems may vary depending on how comprehensive the system is and what nucleic acids it can be used for. However, they all have three primary steps:
- Liquid samples have reagents added to them
- Cartridges that are used by the kit are placed into the machine
- Purification and extraction process begins
The automated purification and extraction process is similar to its manual counterpart only with drastically reduced work time and increased yield. The process goes through mechanical and chemical isolation of the desired DNA, RNA, or protein. These systems make use of specific kits that are tailored towards what is need to be tested for and what it is to be tested on. These kits are made up of different chemicals, filters, and other equipment to aid in the isolation process. These kits are the same kits that are used in solid-phase nucleic acid extraction. The specific filtration methods can also vary but the two main methods are magnetic-bead ultrafiltration.
Instead of having to use filtration, centrifugation, and separation techniques, magnetic-beads can group those multiple steps into one. Magnetic-bead, also called particle-based purification, is a bind-wash-elute process. It first binds either the beads or the particles to the desired nucleic acid, washes it, and finally separates the DNA, RNA, or protein from any other impurities. The macromolecules will bind to the beads when a magnetic field is applied to them from a magnetic separation rack. Other contaminants are left behind in the aqueous solution when the beads are removed.
Also known as pressure-based filtration, this is probably one of the most common general filtration methods. It is considered a membrane filtration technique and uses pressure to push macromolecules in a solution through a semipermeable membrane. This technique is extensively used in protein isolation. Filtration is performed based on molecular size and weight. Small solutes or solutes of low molecular weight will pass through the membrane in the filtrate, while large or high molecular weight solutes will not. The solutes that do not pass through the membrane are referred to as retentates.
Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded, or FFPE, is a technique used to preserve and prepare a biopsy sample. For tissue samples, FFPE tissue’s ability to be stored at room temperature rather than having to freeze them makes them a cost-effective tissue preservation method. Additionally, their ability to be easily used in immunohistochemical staining make them widespread in cancer and Alzheimer’s research. Simultaneous analysis of DNA and RNA biomarkers found in FFPE tissue samples have been used to examine possible links to breast cancer. Automated extraction of these macromolecules is necessary to ensure that the biomarkers can be analyzed concurrently. Automated purification and extraction also have allowed researchers to look at thousands of biomarkers to test their relationship to cancer. Had this been done manually, the number of nucleic acids that could be processed would be significantly less.
Automation can improve your lab’s efficiency and output by huge orders of magnitude. Acquiring an automated DNA, RNA, or protein purification and extraction unit should help your lab, not financially hinder it. At Excedr, our leasing program allows you to obtain this important piece of equipment without the burden of purchasing it outright, while our comprehensive repair coverage gives you peace of mind.
We Offer Automated DNA & RNA Extraction Instrument Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
AUTOMATED MACROMOLECULE EXTRACTION & PURIFICATION SYSTEM MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Thermo Fisher Scientific: KingFisher Purification Systems, KingFisher Duo Prime, KingFisher Flex, KingFisher Presto
- Hudson Robotics: FilterPress, DNA Extraction Systems (DNA, RNA, and Protein)
- Bioneer: ExiProgen
- Tecan: Freedom Evo, Freedom EVO NAP Workstation, Freedom EVO 75 configuration, Freedom EVO HSM Workstation
Nucleic Acid Isolation-Research
chemagic systems, chemagic 360, chemagic Prime, chemagic Prime Junior, chemagic Prepito
Nucleic Acid Analysis and Protein Characterization
LabChip GX Touch 24, LabChip GX Touch HT, LabChip GXII Touch HT
- Promega: Maxwell 16 System, Maxwell RSC Instrument, Maxwell RSC 48 Instrument, Maxwell CSC Instrument, Maxwell CSC 48 Instrument, Maxwell FSC Instrument, Maxwell 16 Instrument, Maxwell 16 Forensic Instruments
- BioSan: BioMagPure 12
- Bio-Rad: iQ-Check Prep Solution
- SAFE Sens: BCSI SNAP
- RBC Bioscience: MagCore System, MagCore HF16, MagCore HF16 Plus, MagCore HF48, MagCore Super
- ELITech Group: ELITe STAR
- Shimadzu: Perfinity Workstation, Perfinity iDP
- Biochrom: Biochrom 30+
- GeneReach: taco, taco mini, POCKIT, POCKIT Xpress, POCKIT combo, POCKIT Micro Series, POCKIT Micro, POCKIT Micro Plus, POCKIT Micro Duo, POCKIT Central
- AutoGen: QuickGene, QuickGene-Auto 12S, QuickGene-Mini 8L, QuickGene 810, QuickGene 610L, QuickGene-Mini80, FlexSTAR+, FLEX STAR, GENE PREP, AUTOPURE
- Qiagen: QIAcube, QIAcube HT, QIAcube Connect, QIAxcel, QIAxpert, EZ1 Advanced XL
- BioChain: AnaPrep 12
- Gilson: VERITY, VERITY PLC, VERITY PLC-MS System, VERITY Oligo, VERITY GPC Clean-up System
- Roche Life Science: MagNA Pure system, MagNA Pure 96 System, MagNA Pure 24 System, MagNA Pure LC 2.0 System, MagNA Pure Compact System
- Taigen: LabTurbo 96XC Compact System, LabTurbo 48 Compact, LabTurbo 24 Compact System, LabTurbo 24 AIO SP-qPCR Automation System, VacEZor
- Analytik Jena: InnuPure C16 touch,
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.