- Eliminates the upfront cost of buying equipment by leasing and lets you enjoy the benefits of having manageable payments over time instead
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which makes leasing even more low-cost
- It costs less to lease through our program than to purchase outright
- Equipment downtime is minimized with our repair coverage
- Excedr handles the admin work associated with equipment procurement and maintenance
- Saving money with our program allows labs to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
Ultimately the Excedr lease program can accommodate your lab’s instrument needs and brand/model preferences. Get in touch with us today and see how leasing can save you time and money on your TOC analysis instrument.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Testing water purity is not only important for clean drinking water, but it also plays a big role in the pharmaceutical, semiconductor, and power industries. If bacteria and other unintended organic compounds are present in the water they can render the water useless or indicate that there is an issue with the filtration or storage system. If ignored, this tainted water can be detrimental to whatever process it is a part of, even leading to breaks in various industrial equipment. This is why the monitoring of various impurities in water is important to commercial industries as well as public ones.
Total organic carbon (TOC) refers to the amount of carbon that is present in an organic compound. Measuring how much organic carbon is present in a substance also quantifies the amount of organic matter that is present. Though TOC is most often a measurement related to water quality, it can also refer to the amount of carbon present in soil and other geological formations. Simply put, TOC is used to track the change, or lack of change, of organic content within a sample. Though TOC is a fairly ubiquitous term for carbon analysis, there are more specific terms that are used depending on the type of carbon being measured, including:
- Total Carbon (TC): The sum total of all carbon present in a sample.
- Total Inorganic Carbon (TIC): Sometimes referred to as just inorganic carbon (IC), carbonate, bicarbonate, and dissolved carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Elemental Carbon (EC): Depending on the method used, EC can be a subcategory of TIC or TOC. It is also known as black carbon depending on the measurement method used.
- Non-Purgeable Organic Carbon (NPOC): Denotes the amount of organic carbon that remains after an acidified sample is purged with gas.
- Purgeable (volatile) Organic Compound (VOC): Refers to the amount of organic carbon that is removed from a neutral or acidic sample with an inert gas.
- Dissolved Organic Carbon (DOC): Indicates the amount of carbon that is in a sample after it is filtered.
- Suspended Organic Carbon: Tracks the number of carbon particles that are too large to pass through a filter. This is also known as particulate organic carbon (POC).
TOC Analyzer Processes, Techniques, & Price
Total Organic Carbon analyzers are instruments that measure TOC in a sample. Almost all of them track CO2 formation both when organic carbon is oxidized and when inorganic carbon is acidified. The specifics of the oxidation and acidification will vary depending on the environment of the sample, the concentration of TOC, and the testing parameters. Oxidation is achieved either through Pt-catalyzed combustion, or UV/persulfate. After oxidation has occurred, a detector, either a conductivity cell or a non-dispersive infrared cell, then measures the amount of CO2 that has formed. Detecting organic carbon through acidification occurs by first flushing the inorganic carbon out of the sample with either helium or nitrogen and then measuring the remaining organic carbons. TOC analyzers can be organized into one of two types: combustion analyzers and chemical oxidation analyzers.
TOC combustion analysis is done after half of the sample is put into a chamber where it is acidified and half is put into a combustion chamber. In the acidified solution a detector is able to measure organic carbons due to a chemical reaction that converts all of the inorganic carbon into CO2. In the combustion chamber, the temperature is raised to 600-700 °C and all of the carbon in the sample reacts with the ambient oxygen to form CO2. After it is cooled, a detector measures the organic carbon.
In chemical oxidation TOC analysis, the sample is put into a chamber with phosphoric acid and later persulfate. The analysis phase begins by acidifying and purging the inorganic carbon from the solution, removing it. Persulfate is then added and a mercury vapor lamp is used to strike the material with UV light or it is heated by an external source. This excitation causes the remaining carbon in the sample to react with the persulfate that forms, resulting in CO2. The carbon is then analyzed by running the solution through a membrane and observing the change in its conductivity. This change can then be used to determine the amount of CO2 present. NDIR detectors are often used as well.
Produced Water Treatment
Oil has been the most influential natural resource since the 19th century and it continues to be heavily relied upon by all nations around the world. Technology that use oil have advanced, and, likewise, our ability to harvest and refine it has also improved drastically. A byproduct of industrial oil refinement is 2.5 billion gallons of “produced water” every day. This produced water has been labeled by the Environmental Protection Agency as being too contaminated to be used for household or commercial use. There are methods for treating this water and decontaminating it, however, they are either prohibitively expensive, not wholly effective, or are too energy-intensive. Researchers at Purdue University have developed a relatively inexpensive method to remove almost all traces of oil from produced water. The method employs using heated, activated charcoal foam to remove the oil from the water. The process is able to achieve a total organic carbon level of 7.5 milligrams per liter which, per the EPA standards, means it is clean water. Effective, inexpensive, and requiring little energy, this method is able to save billions of gallons of water from becoming useless.
TOC analyzers are important tools, but acquiring them should be a net benefit your lab. With Excedr’s TOC analyzer leasing program allows you to use this vital piece of equipment while avoiding the huge upfront cost of purchasing that can hamstring your lab. Additionally, our comprehensive repair and preventative maintenance coverage give you more time to focus on your important work.
We Offer Total Organic Carbon Instrument Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
TOC METER MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Horiba: HT-110
- Shimadzu: TOC-L Series, TOC-VW, TOC-VWS, TOC-VWP,, TOC-4200, TNPC-4100/4110C, TNM-L TN
- Beckman Coulter: A-1000XP, ANATEL A1000, , PAT700 TOC Single Stream, PAT700 Dual Stream, ANATEL PAT700, QbD1200
- Mettler Toledo: 7000RMS Microbial Detection Analyzer, 6000TOCi On-line, 4000TOCe,, 450TOC
- Analytik Jena: multi N/C Series, multi X 2500, multi EA 4000, multi N/C pharma Series
- OI Analytical: 1080TOC, Aurora 1030D, 1088 Rotary, Aurora 1030W, 1030S Solids, 9210p Online
- Suez Water Technologies: Sievers M9, Sievers M5310 C, Sievers 500, Sievers InnovOx, Sievers 860 Lab, Sievers CheckPoint
- Mitsubishi Chemical Analytech: TOC-310V
- Teledyne Tekmar: Fusion, Torch Combustion TN Analyzer, Lotix Combustion
- Hach: QBD1200 Laboratory, BioTector B3500 Series, BioTector B3500ul, BioTector B3500c, BioTector B3500dw, BioTector B3500e, BioTector B7000i, BioTector B7000, BioTector B7000i Dairy
- membraPure: miniTOC, uniTOC
- Peak Scientific: TOC1500HP, TOC 1000, CG15L
- Elementar: Vario TOC cube, enviro TOC, soli TOC cube, acquray Series
- Trace Elemental Instruments: XPERT
- LECO: RC612
- Envea.: COT 9010
- Metrohm: 7010 TOC
- Skalar: Formacs SERIES, Primacs Series
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.