- Eliminates the upfront cost of purchasing equipment by diffusing its cost over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you significant cash-savings
- Purchasing equipment outright is often significantly more expensive than leasing through us
- Minimal instrument downtime because we cover repairs and service visits
- We handle and streamline the admin work associated with instrument procurement and maintenance
- Using the capital saved through our program, companies are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
Despite the diversity in methods, the Excedr lease program is able to source all instrument types and can accommodate any brand preferences your end-user might have. Request an estimate today and see how leasing can discount your laser particle counter’s price.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Studying the properties of particles or powders can provide scientists with vital information about industrial processes that involve these samples. Though small in size, particle technology is extremely important in chemical engineering and material sciences. Particle technology looks to observe particles traveling in bulk. For example, paint particles in an aerosol spray act very different than water and should be studied to determine how aerosols act. On a larger scale, looking at how to remove particles and learning to evenly mix particles in solutions are vital to many industries. Particles, powders, and particulate solids are often used interchangeably and are why particle technology is also known as powder technology. Other areas of use for powder technology are in nanoparticle systems, emulsions, and bubble systems.
Particle systems have taken a role in a lot of areas, but particularly in industrial processes particle systems have really flourished since the turn of the century. Most industrial energy processes require in-depth knowledge of particles and powders and their interactions with their environment. In industrial chemistry, catalysts make up a big portion of the field and understanding how catalyst particles act is tremendously important. The size, amount, and their microfluidic properties all can have important ramifications on how a substance mixes with particles acts. Particle size distribution is another important property that is analyzed, often using a technique called dynamic light scattering (DLS).
Areas of particle technology mostly deal with how small solids in bulk behave, how to increase or decrease particle sizes, how powders separate or mix, and general particle analysis. Despite their wide range of uses and applications, a majority of particle technology deals with quantifying how much, particle counters, or how large, particle size analyzers, particulates are in a substance. Though particle counters and sizers can be specialized to do only one task some instruments, such as coulter counters, are designed to both count and size particles.
Particle Counters & Sizers Plus Their Associated Costs
When working with powders or bulk amounts of small objects it is important to get an accurate count of your sample. Particles counters work to provide scientists an accurate count of many particles are in a substance at a given time. Specifically, in the petroleum industry, there are strict codes and regulations that dictate what is in oil, which means monitoring the amount of particulate in it is a vital process. The mechanism for how the individual particles are counted changes depending on the size of the powder. Most of the techniques, however, involve light scattering, light obscuration, or directly imaging the particles. Due to their dependence on light, these methods are referred to as optical counters. Additionally, depending on what substance the powders are in, specific particle counters are used.
- Aerosol: Aerosols are defined as solid particles suspended in a liquid or a gas. A common example of an aerosol would be hairspray. Aerosol particle counters or air particle counters are specifically made to look at the number of particulates in the air. This can be extremely useful in determining the air quality of an area or for maintaining cleanrooms.
- Liquid: Maintaining clean water, ensuring the quality of injectable drugs, and monitoring oil purity can all be achieved using liquid particle counters. When a liquid is passed through one, they are able to determine its purity and how much particulate matter is contained in it. Water purity and hydraulic oil cleanliness are both heavily regulated and keeping track of them are important.
- Solid: Solid, or dry particle counters, are used to monitor and determine how much of a particular substance is in a mixture of other solid powders. Geology and the mining industry offer some of the simplest particle counters; sieves.
Particle Size Analysis
Other than knowing how many particles are in a substance, know how large they are is also very important. Particle size analysis or more simply, particle sizing, is a technique that is used to find either the size range or average size of particles in a powder or liquid sample. The most simple example of a particle sizer would be a sieve. How a sizer actually works will depend on a wide range of factors such as the desired size range, the chemical composition of the sample, and how much of the sample is being tested on. Laser diffraction, dynamic light scattering, high definition image processing, and gravitational settling of particles are other known techniques.
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS): Listing the particles that are present in a solution based upon their relative mass or size is referred to as particle size distribution. DLS is a technique that involves analyzing how light scatters off of particles in a solution. It is used to determine particle size distribution and particle sizes.
- Laser Diffraction: Laser diffraction analysis observes how light diffracts off particulates in a solution to determine their relative size. Smaller particles will result in light scattering at larger angles.
- Sieve Analyzer: Sieve analysis is a relatively low-cost solution for particle sizing. By running materials through nested columns of sieves with screens of varying sizes, the particle size distribution of that material can be achieved. A sieve analysis can be done either by manually shaking the sieve or mechanically by using a sieve shaker.
Probably the most well-known application of particle technology is the Large Hadron Collider at the CERN institute. Their work into quantum physics is truly fascinating, however, their scientific work rarely affects fields of study other than science. This is exactly what has happened with a radiation sensor named Timepix. It was first developed for the Large Hadron Collider only to be moved off world to the International Space Institute. Timepix was initially meant to detect, count, and study radiation particles, first in the Collider and then in astronauts. Its next task would be in the artistic world, where it would be used to find forged paintings. Finding fake art used to be a very specialized industry where an authenticator would need intimate knowledge about the artists handwriting, style, and tools that they used. Today, art authenticators are still a very specialized group of people but they now employ the latest scientific tools to help them with their work. Timepix’s ability to isolate individual pigments to analyze the authenticity of paintings go well beyond what ancient authenticators ever used.
Whether you need to stay within specific rules and regulations or if you simply have to monitor particle’s size and concentration, acquiring your particle counter should not financially cripple your lab. With Excedr’s leasing program, you are able to spread out the cost of the device over a long period of time leaving your lab with more money on a day to day basis to reinvest however you see fit. Our leasing programs also include repair and preventative maintenance giving your lab one less thing to worry about.
We Offer Particle Sizer Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
CLEANROOM PARTICLE COUNTER MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- ThermoFisher: PSM-400MPX
- Horiba: Partica LA-960, Partica mini LA-350, ViewSizer 3000, SZ-100 Nanoparticle series, CAMSIZER, CAMSIZER X2, PSA300, ParticleFinder, OBS-ONE Pn, MEXA-2000SPCS series, PR-PD2BLI, PR-PD2HR, PR-PD5, PR-PD2, PR-PD3, AP-370 series, APDA-372
- Malvern Panalytical: Archimedes, Insitec range, Mastersizer 3000, Mastersizer 3000E, Morphologi range, NanoSight range, Parsum range, Zetasizer range, Spraytec
- Beckman Coulter: MET ONE 3400, MET ONE 6000, MET ONE HHPC+ SERIES, MET ONE 7000, MET ONE 6000P, MET ONE Facility Monitoring Systems, Vi-CELL BLU Cell Viability Analyzer, Multisizer 4e Coulter Cell Analyzer, Vi-CELL MetaFLEX, Vi-CELL XR, Z Series Coulter Counter, Multisizer 3 Coulter Counter, LS 13 320 XR Particle Size Analyzer, DelsaMax Series, LS 13 320 Particle Sizing Analyzer, SA 3100, HIAC 8011+, HIAC 9703+, HIAC PODS+ Portable, HIAC ROC
- Shimadzu: SALD-2300 Laser Diffraction, SALD-7500nano Laser Diffraction, IG-1000 Plus Induced Grating
- Parker: iCount LaserCM
- Fritsch: ANALYSETTE 22 NanoTec, ANALYSETTE 28 ImageSizer, Module A-22
- Micromeritics: Zetasizer range, Zetasizer Ultra, Zetasizer Pro, Zetasizer Nano Family, Subseieve AutoSizer (SAS), Elzone II 5390, SediGraph III Plus, Particle Insight, Saturn DigiSizer II
- Microtrac: Sync, Bluewave, S3500, Tri-Blue, Nanotrac Wave II, Nanotrac Wave II Q, Nanotrac Flex, Zetrator, PartAn3D, PartAn3D Maxi, SI, DustMon, PartAn3D Pro, PartAn SI Pro
- Hosokawa Micron Powder Systems: Mikro Air Jet Sieve model MAJSx2, Powder Characteristic Tester PT-X, Labomixer LV, Viblette VBL Wet Sieve Analyzer, Peneto Analyzer PNT-N
- Anton-Paar: Litesizer 100, Litesizer 500, PSA Series
- Retsch: Vibrational Sieve Shakers, Air Jet Sieving Machine AS 200 jet, Tap Sieve Shaker AS 200 tap
- Haver & Boecker: CPA 2-1 HR, CPA2-1, CPA 2 Conveyor, CPA 2-1 Online, CPA 4-1, CPA 4-2, CPA 4 Conveyor
- Angstrom Advanced Inc.: AP-100 Dynamic Image, AP-200 Static Image, AP-300 Intelligent Laser, AP-400 Intelligent full automatic wet&dry laser, AP-500 Intelligent Dry Laser, AP-600 Laser, AP-900 NANO Laser
- CHEMTRAC: PC3400, PC4400, PC6 with HYDROACT series, PC3 with HYDROACT series, PC5000
- Grimm Aerosol Technik: CPC Family, SMPS+C Family, SMPS+E, PMP CPC Family, Sky CPC, EDM 465, 7917 Emission Sampling System, 11-D, 11-S Sky-OPC, 1371 MiniWRAS, EDM 164, EDM 180, EDM 665
- Sympatec GmbH: RODOS, HELOS, QICPIC, NIMBUS, NANOPHOX, OPUS, MYTOS, PICTOS & Co.
- Outotec: PSI 3001, PSI 5001
- Occhio Powders: FC200S+HR, CF200MHR, FC200TC, FC200P-HR, Ipac 2, 500 Nano, Zephyr LDA, 500 nano XY, Zephyr ESR 2, Morpho 3D, Scan 700, Sievecal, CDD270
- Testo: 380, DiSCmini, NanoMet3
- Fluke: 985
- Gray Wolf Sensing
- TES Electrical Electronic Corp.
- RMF Systems: LPA2
- Hatch: 2200 PCX
- Particle Measuring Systems:
Lasair III 110, Lasair III, IsoAir 310P, Nano-ID NPC10, Airnet II 4 Channel, Airnet II(s) 2 Channel, Chem 20, Ultra DI 20, Ultra DI 50, UltraChem 100, UltraChem 40, LiQuilaz II S Series, LiQuilaz II E series, HSLIS-M65e, HSLIS-M100e, HSLIS-M50E, CLS-700 T Corrosives, APSS-2000 Parenteral
Molecular Contamination Monitors
AirSentry II Mobile, AirSentry II Multi-Point, AirSentry II Point-of-Use Ion
- Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions: ApexZ, ApexZ3, ApexZ50, Apex Portable, ApexP3, ApexP5, ApexRemote, SOLAIR, SOLAIR 1100LD, Solair 3350, Solair 5100, Boulder Counter, NanoCount, NanoCount 30, NanoCount 50, NanoCount 65C, Batch Sampler LS-20, Batch Sampler LS-60, ActiveCount Series, ActiveCount100, ActiveCount100H, ActiveCount25H, ActiveCountR, ActiveCountRp
- Spectro Scientific: LaserNet 200 Series
- PCE Americas
- TSI Inc.: AeroTrak Cleanroom 9001, AeroTrak 9303-01, AeroTrak 9306-V2, AeroTrak Portable 9110-01, AeroTrak Portable 9310-02, AeroTrak Portable 9350-02, AeroTrak Portable 95001-01, AeroTrak Portable 9510-02, AeroTrak Portable 9550-02, BIOTRAK Real-Time Viable 9510-BD
- Setra: 5000 Series AQM, 7000 Series AQM, 7000 Series, 5000 Series, 8000 Series, 2000 Series
- Topas GmbH: LAP 322, LAP 340, FAS 362, PAM 510, PAP 610, PAP 612
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.