How Laboratory Scales Work & How Our Services Save You Time & Money
Here are the advantages of the Excedr’s microbalance leasing program:
- Near zero upfront costs and the ability to spread out payments over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you additional savings
- Reduction of equipment downtime through our comprehensive repair coverage
- Excedr handles the admin work associated with equipment procurement and maintenance
- With the cash saved through our program, labs are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
Excedr can source all equipment types and can accommodate any model preferences your lab might have. Request a quote today and see how a lease can discount your analytical balance price.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
A lab balance is a class of weight machine designed to measure small amounts of mass in the sub-milligram range. The measuring pan of an analytical balance (0.1 mg or better) is inside a transparent enclosure with doors so that dust does not collect and so any air currents in the room do not affect the operation of the lab balance. This enclosure is often called a draft shield. The use of a mechanically vented weight scale safety enclosure, which has uniquely designed acrylic airfoils, allows a smooth turbulence-free airflow that prevents balance fluctuation and the measure of mass down to 1 μg without fluctuations or loss of product. Also, the sample must be at room temperature to prevent natural convection from forming air currents inside the enclosure from causing an error in reading. Single pan mechanical substitution balance maintains consistent response throughout the useful capacity is achieved by maintaining a constant load on the balance beam, thus the fulcrum, by subtracting mass on the same side of the beam to which the sample is added.
An electronic analytical scale measures the force needed to counter the mass being measured rather than using actual masses. As such they must have calibration adjustments made to compensate for gravitational differences. They use an electromagnet to generate a force to counter the sample being measured and outputs the result by measuring the force needed to achieve equilibrium. This type of measurement device is called an electromagnetic force restoration sensor.
Methods & Types of Precision Weighing
A lab balance can be found in nearly every scientific setting throughout the world. Their ability to accurately measure weights and provide detailed data makes them indispensable tools. Below are some of the different types commonly found in laboratories.
Microbalances & Ultra Micro Balances
Microbalances are designed to measure, weigh, and provide data on the tiniest of samples. Most models can effectively provide data for samples weighing between 6 and 0.0001 milligrams. These are generally used to weigh highly valuable substances in minute quantities. An ultra microbalance is designed to weigh and provide data on even smaller samples. These units typically come standard with draft shields so that dust and other foreign particles do not make their way into the dish and corrupt data and materials being worked on.
Automated Powder & Liquid Dosing
In addition to the wide range of weight machine options, you can also incorporate automated add-ons in order to increase productivity, safety, and accuracy. Simple to configure autosamplers that are available enable unattended sample preparation. These autosamplers often times have both powder and liquid dosing capabilities which enable highly accurate concentrations, full traceability with barcodes, automatic data handling, and safe dosing, especially when handling hazardous substances.
These are found throughout most laboratories. They are mostly used to weigh substances and samples between 0.01 to 500 milligrams. These units’ measuring pans are usually encased in a glass box so as to prevent any dust particles settling in the pan. The particles can often disrupt efficient testing and provide incorrect data if they should settle in the pan.
This class is designed for reliable and high-precision weighing in both the lab and under harsh industrial conditions. They typically include fast stabilization times, optimized linearity, repeatability specifications, and enhanced vibration filtering.
A moisture balance is perfect for measuring moisture in most products including grains, pharmaceuticals, soils, sludge, and chemicals. The amount of moisture in a product can greatly affect perceived quality. These instruments are used to measure the original weight of a product before the drying process. The machine takes note of that weight and then after the drying process, it notates the decrease in moisture and shows the weight change on the moisture analyzer display. Heating lamps are sometimes used to speed up the drying process. Ceramic heating elements are designed to rapidly attain the final temperature to ensure a uniform distribution of heat over the entire surface, thus eliminating localized burning of the sample. Halogen lamp heating elements are suited for applications that require accelerated temperature regulation during sample drying. However, halogen lamps heat and cool quickly sometimes causing the sample to scorch. A moisture analyzer can also use quartz heating elements, which looks similar to the heating element in your oven at home. Heat is transferred from a coil wire to a material which distributes the heat providing consistent heating.
Gold and Carat Balances
As the name implies, these scales are designed to weigh gold as well as give carat values. These are more commonly found in jewelry design workshops and retail jeweler outlets, however, they are used in some laboratory exercises too. These units are not limited to weighing gold; they are also commonly used to measure and provide carat values for both precious and semiprecious stones and metals.
An Ultra Microbalance That Suits Your Needs
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional cash savings.
If you recently purchased equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your instrument and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up cash in your budget rather than tying it down to the instrument.
LABORATORY BALANCE MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Mettler Toledo
XPR Analytical, XSR Analytical, MS Semi-Micro, MS-TS Analytical, ML-T Analytical, ME-T Analytical, XPR Precision, XSR Precision, MS-TS Precision, MS-L Precision, ML-T Precision, ME-T Precision, PL-E Portable, XPR Micro and Ultra-Microbalances, XPR Micro-Analytical, ICS685, ICS466x, ICS465, ICS445, ICS426x, ICS435, ICS425, Viper Ex, Basic ICS241, Premium Weighing Platform PBK9, XP-K Comparators, PBA430 Bench, Advanced Weighing Platform PBA430x, Weighing Platform PBA429, Standard Weighing Platform PBA429X, Basic Weighing Platform PBA226, Basic BBA231, PFA266combo, ICS226, ICS241, BBA236, BTA231, PFA261combo, PFK9, PFD774 PowerDeck, LIFTMATE, VERTEX, 2256 VLC, PUA664, PAU574, PFA261, EZ-CLEAN, PFA569lift, PUA579, PUA669, PFA266, 2256 VLC, PFA579lift, DECKMATE, DECKMATE Portable Scale, PFA769lift_FS_usa, ICS689, ICS449, ICS469, BBA242x, PTA464, PTA469, PTA664, PTA669, PTA46x, PTA66x, EX PBA655x, PBA655, PBA426X, PBA426, Professional Level Moisture Analyzer, HX204, Halogen Moisture Analyzer, HS153, Advanced Level Moisture Analyzers, HC103 (115V), Entry Level Moisture Analyzer, HE53 (115V), HE73 (115V), SmartCal Moisture Analyzer
Mass Comparators: Vacuum, Automated Mass, Robotic Mass, Manual Mass
Special & Segment Solutions: Jewelry Balances and Scales, Gold Balances, Carat Balances, Filter Weighing Solutions, PFS-ONE Filter Robot, HORIBA Automotive Testing System
- Thermo Fisher & Fisher Scientific
Thermo Scientific Shandon Digital, Fisher Science Education Triple-Beam, Fisher Science Education Portable, SFL302, SLF103, SLF901, SLF5000, SLF303, SLF152, SLF301, SLF501, SLF1501, SLF3001, Fisher Science Education Precision, AMF203AM, AMF402AM, AMF602, AMF1202, AMF2002, Fisher Science Education Analytical, AMF64, AMF104, AMF204AM, Fisher Science Education Compact, CLF201, CLF5000, CLF2000
Secura Micro, Cubis Ultramicro, ME Micro, Cubis Micro, Secura Analytical, Entris Precision, Quintix Analytical, Practum Analytical, Cubis Analytical, Cubis Analytical MSU, Cubis Analytical MSA, Cubis Analytical MSE, Quintix Precision, Secura Precision, Practum Precision, Cubis Precision MSU, Cubis Precision MSA, Cubis Precision MSE, Cubis High Capacity MSA, Cubis High Capacity MSE, Cubis High Capacity MSU, CCR10, CCR1000, CCR10-1000, PMA.Evolution, PMA.Vision, PMA.HD, PMA.Power
Mass Comparator and Metrology: Mass Comparator With Load Alternator, CCE1, CCE5, CCE2, Manual Cubis MCM Mass Comparators, OIML R 111-1 workflows
Susceptometer: SZ02C, YSZ01C
Moisture Analyzer: LMA200M Moisture Analyzer, MA160 Infrared Moisture Analyzer, MA37 Infrared Moisture Analyzer, Mark3 HP Moisture Analyzer, LMA100-SET-P
- Arizona Instrument: JEROME and COMPUTRAC
- Ohaus: Explorer Semi Micro Analytical, EX125D, EX125, EX225D, EX225D/AD, Explorer Analytical, EX124, EX124/AD, EX224, EX224N, EX224N/AD, EX324, EX324N, EX324/AD, EX324N/AD, Adventurer Analytical, AX124, AX124/E, AX224/E, AX224, AX224N, AX224/E, AX324, Pioneer Analytical, Pioneer PX, PX84, PX84/E, PX124, PX124/E, PX224, PX224/E, Explorer Precision, Explorer Precision EX models, Explorer Precision High Capacity, EX12001, EX24001, EX35001, Adventurer Precision, Adventurer Precision AX, Pioneer Precision, Pioneer PX, CKW Checkweigher, CKW3R71XW, CKW6R71XW, CKW15L71XW, CKW30L71XW, Defender 7000 Washdown, D71XW10WR3, D71XW25WR3, D71XW50WL4, D71XW100WL4, D71XW250WX4, Defender 7000 Hybrid, D71XW15HR1, D71XW30HR1, D71W60HR1, D71XW60HL2, D71XW100HL2, D71XW150HX2, D71XW300HX2, Defender 7000, Defender 7000 D71P models, Defender 7000 Low Profile, Defender D71P models, Defender 5000 Stainless Steel, D51XW10WR3, D51XW25WR3, D51XW50WL4, D51XW100WL4, D51XW250WX4, Defender 5000 Hybrid, Defender 5000 Hybrid D51XW models, Defender 5000, Defender 5000 D51P models, Defender 5000 Low Profile, Defender 5000 Low Profile D51P models, Defender 3000 Stainless Steel, Defender Stainless Steel 3000 D32XW models, Defender 3000, Defender 3000 D31P models, Defender 3000 Field Test, D31P75SD, Ranger 7000, Ranger 7000 R71MHD models, Ranger 4000, R41ME3, R41ME6, R41ME15, R41ME30, Ranger 3000, R31P1502, R31P3, R31P6, R31P15, R31P30, FD Series, FD3H, FD3, FD6H, FD6, FD15H, FD15, Valor 7000, V71P1502T, V71P3T, V71P6T, V71P15T, V7130T, Valor 4000, Valor 4000 V41XWE models, Valor 4000 V41PWE models, Valor 3000, Valor 3000 Xtreme Scales, Valor 3000 V31XH, Valor 3000 V31XW, Valor 3000 V31X, Valor 2000, Valor 2000 water resistant food scale, Valor 2000 V22XWE models, Valor 2000 V22PWE models, Valor 1000, Valor 1000 V11P models, Catapult 1000, C11P9, C11P20, C11P75, ES Series, ES6R, ES30R, ES50R, ES50L, ES100L, ES200L, SD Series, SD35, SD75, SD75L, SD200, SD200L, Ranger Count 4000, RC41M3, RC41M6, RC41M15, RC41M30, Ranger Count 3000, RC31P1502, RC31P3, RC31P6, RC31P15, RC31P30, T72XW, T71XW, T71P, T51XW, T51XW NEMA 4X/IP66, T51P, T32XW, T32MC, T32ME, T31P, VX Series, VX32XW2500L, VX32W5000L, VX32XW5000X, VX32XW10000L, VX32XW10000X, VN Series, VN31P5000L, VN31P5000X, VN Series Floor Platforms, VN5000L, VN5000X, Pioneer Carat Plus (PAJ) Carat Series, PAJ603CN, PAJ1003CN, PAJ2003CN, Scout SJX/E, SJX323N/E, SJX622N/E, SJX1502N/E, SJX6201M/E, TAJ Carat Series, Traveler Carat Series, TAJ203, YJ Carat Series, YJ103, YJ152, PAJ Gold Series, Pioneer Gold Plus, TAJ Gold Series, TAJ202, TAJ501, TAJ602, TAJ4001, TAJ6000, YJ Gold Series, YJ102, YJ301, Ruby Series, Ruby Compact Jewelry Scale, JR300, JR2500, Emerald Series, JE120, JE250, JE500, Scout STX models, Scout SPX models, Scout SKX models, Navigator NV models, Navigator XL, Navigator XT, CS Series, CL Series, CL201, CL2000, CL5000, CL5000F, HH Series, HH120, H120D, HH320, PS Series, PS Portable, PS121, PS251, MB120, MB90, MB27, MB23
- Kern & Sohn: ADB 100-4, ADB 200-4, ADB 600-C3, ABS 80, ABS 120, ABS 220, ABS 320, ALS 160-4A, ALS 250-4A, ALJ 200, ALJ 160, ALJ 250, ALJ 310, ALJ 500, AEJ 100-4CM, AEJ 200-4CM, ABT 120, ABT 220, ABT 320, ABT 100, 440 models, 572 models, EMB models, EMB-V, EMB 200-3V, EMB 2000-2V, EMS, EW-N, EG-N, EWJ models, KB-N, PBS, PBJ, PCB, PCD, PES, PEJ, PFB, PFB-2017, PFB 600-2M, PFB 600-1M, PFB 6000-1M, PFB 6000-0M, PFB 6K0.05, PLJ-C, PLJ-G, PLE-N, PLE 420-3N, PLE 4200-2N, PLS, PLJ, PNS, PNJ, ECE-N, ECE 10K-3N, ECE 20K-2N, ECE 50K-2N, ECB-N, ECB 10K-3N, ECB 20K-2N, ECB 50K-2N, FCB, FCE-N, FCE 3K1N FCE 6K2N, FCE 15K5N, FCE 30K10N, FCF, FCF 3K-4 FCF 30K-3, FFN-N, FKB, FKB-A, FKB 8K0.1A, FKB 15K0.5A, FKB 15K1A, FKB 30K1A, FKB 65K1A, FKT, GAT, GAT 6K-4, GAT 10K-4, GAT 30K-3, FOB, FOB 1.5K0.5, FOB 3K1, FOB 6K2, FOB 1K1M, GAB-N, GAB-P, GAB 10K-3PM, GAB 30K-3PM, WTB-N, FFN-N, FOB, FOB 1.5K0.5, FOB 3K1, FOB 6K2, FOB 1K1M, FOB-S, FOB 500-1S, FOB 5K1S, FOB-NS, FOB 0.5K-4NS, FOB 5K-3NS, FOB-N, FOB 7K-4NL, FOB 10K-3NL, FOB 30K-3NL, SFB-H, SFE, SXS, WTB-N, FXN-N, pre-packaged products control scale FKTF, FKTF 3K0.5LM, FKTF 6K1LM, FKTF 12K2LM, FKTF 30K5LM, FKTF 60K10LM, counting system CCS, CDS, CPB, CXB, CFS, CKE, stocktake scale FKA, FKA 30K-4, FKA 60K-4, IFS, DE, EOC, IOC, DS, EOA, EOA 100K-2, EOE, EOB, EOS-2017, EOS 150K50XL-2017e, EOS 300K100XL-2017e, platform EOB, EOB-F, EOB 60K-F2, EOB 60K-2LF, EOB 150K-2F, EOB 150K-2LF, EOB 300K-1LF, EOE-2016, EOS, EOS 150K50XL, EOS 300K100XL, EOS-F, EOS 150K50XLF, IFB, IFS, IKT, IFT, IP protected IXS, SFB, SFE, BIC, BID, BFB-N, BFB 600K-1SNM, BFB 600K-1NM, BFB 1T-4SNM, BFB 1T-4NM, BFB 3T-3NM, BKN, weighing beam UFA, UIB, UIB 600K-1, UIB 1.5T-4, UIB 3T-3, UFB, UFB 600K200M, UFB 1.5T0.5M, UFC, UFC 600K-1M, UFC 1T-1M, UFN, UFN 600K200IPM, UFN 1.5T0.5IPM, drive-through scale NFB, NFB 600K200M, NFB 600K200LM, NFB 1.5T0.5M, NFB 1.5T0.5LM, drive-through scale NFN, NFN 600K-1M, NFN 1.5T-4M, BFB, BFB 600K200SM, BFB 600K200M, BFB 3T1LM, BFB 6T-3M, BFS, BFS 3T-3LM, BFS 6T-3M, UOB, UOB 600K200, pallet truck scale VFB, VFB 2T-3, pallet truck scale VHB, VHB 2T1, pallet truck scale VHE-A, VHE 2T5A, hanging scale HCB, CH, CH 15K20, CH 50K50, CH 50K100, HDB-N, HDB-XL, HDB 5K5N, HDB 10K10N, HDB 30K-2XL, HDB 10K-2XL, HDB 6K-3XL, HCN, HCN 50K100IP, HCN 100K200IP, HCN 200K500IP, HFA, HFA 600K-1, HFA 1T-4, HFA 3T-3 HFA 5T-3, HFA 10T-3, HFB, HFB 150K50, HFB 300K100, HFB 600K200, HFD, HFD 600K-1, HFD 1T-4, HFD 3T-3, HFD 6T-3, HFD 10T-3, tensile force gauge HFC, HFC 600K-1, HFC 1T-4, HFC 3T-3, HFC 5T-3, HFC 10T-3, HFM, HFM 1T0.1, HFM 3T0.5, HFM 5T0.5, HFM 10T1, HFO, HFO 1.5T0.5M, HFO 3T1M, HFO 6T2M, HTS, HTS 1T-4AM, HTS 3T-3AM, HTS 6T-3AM, HFT, HFT 3T0.5, HFT 5T1, HFT 10T2, HFT 15T5, Digital platform KDP, KDP 300-3, KDP 3000-2, KDP 10K-4, KDP 10K-3, Moisture Analyser DAB, DAB 100-3, DBS 60-3, DBL 160-3A, MLS 50-3D, MLS 50-3D110V, Moisture Analyser MLS-D
- Shimadzu: AP Series, AU Series, TW and TX Series, AT Series, MOC63U Moisture, MOC-12H Moisture, UW and UX series platform, TX and TXB series platform, BW-K and BX-K series platform, ELB series platform, BL series platform
- Cole-Parmer: Symmetry PA+Analytical with USB Connectivity, Symmetry TA Touch-Screen Analytical, Symmetry LA Analytical, LA Analytical NTEP-Approved, Symmetry IS Compact, EW10000-5, Symmetry IPS, Symmetry ISW Washdown, Symmetry IPSW Washdown, Symmetry MB Halogen-Heated, Symmetry MB-T Touch-Screen, Symmetry LT Precision, Symmetry LT Precision NTEP-Approved, Symmetry PBH High-Capacity Portable, Symmetry PBH High-Capacity Portable NTEP Approval, Symmetry PT+Toploading with USB Connectivity, Symmetry TT Precision Touch Screen
- A&D Weighing: Weighing Gemini GR Analytical Autocalibrating, Weighing Phoenix GH Analytical, Weighing Galaxy HR-A(R) Analytical, Weighing ION Analytical, Weighing Orion HR Analytical, Weighing Moisture Balances, Weighing AD-4212A Production Weighing System with Display, AD-4212B Series Precision Weighing Sensor, Weighing AD-4212C Production Weighing Sensor, EK-L Compact Bench Scales, Weighing EK-6100i Portable, FX-i NTEP Approved Toploading, FX-i Toploading, FX-iWP Waterproof Toploading, FZ-i Toploading, FZ-iWP Toplaoding, GF NTEP Approved Toploading, GF Toploading, GX Toaploading, Apollo GF Toploading, Apollo GX Toploading, EK-EP Intrinsically Safe Portable
- Adam Equipment: Solis Analytical and Semi-Micro, Nimbus Analytical, Equinox Analytical, Eclipse Analytical, CPW Plus Industrial, LBK Compact Bench, CPW Plus-M Industrial (Medium Platform), CBK Compact Bench, Warrior Washdown Industrial, Adam WSK, Adam WBK, Adam WFK, Adam WLK, CPW Plus-P Industrial (Piller Display), GFK Industrial, GBK Industrial, GBC Industrial Counting, AFK Industrial, WBZ Series Wash Down, ABK Industrial, GFC Industrial Counting, RAVEN RAV Price Computing, CPW Plus-L industrial (Large Platform), LHS Crane, IHS Crane, SHS Crane, PT Industrial Platform Scales with Display, PTS Pallet Truck with Scale, PTM Low Profile Industrial Platform Scales with Display, AELP Industrial Pallet Beam Scales , PMB Moisture Balances, Eclipse Toploading, Equinox Toploading, Nimbus Heavy Weight Top Loading, Nimbus Heavy Weight Top Loading, Nimbus Toploading, Solis Precision Toploading
- VWR: VWR B2-Series Analytical and Precision, 75802, VWR E-Series, 10204, 10205-000, A-series, 10205-026, VWR B2T-Series, VWR P2-series
- Doran: 7000 XL Washdown Industrial, 8000 XL Washdown Industrial, MVP Industrial
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished / reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.