- Eliminates the upfront cost of purchasing equipment by spreading its cost over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which yields you significant cash-savings
- Purchase equipment outright is more expensive than our leasing
- Minimal instrument downtime because we cover repairs and service visits
- We deal with and expedite the administrative work needed for instrument procurement and maintenance
- The money saved with our leasing program, clients are more capable to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
When an atom is exposed to specific magnetic fields, it produces a signal that can be analyzed to determine various properties of the molecule. This phenomenon is called nuclear magnetic resonance and it is used to look at the structural properties of a material’s atomic makeup. As a technique, it is used widely in analytical chemistry, quality control, medical analysis, and non-destructive testing. An important factor for NMR is that the resonance frequency of a substance is directly proportional to the magnetic field that is applied to it. NMR imaging techniques are able to produce high-quality images because of this fact. NMR spectroscopy is used to study molecular physics by providing information on the structure of organic molecules.
By placing an atom in a strong magnetic field and then exposing it to an oscillating magnetic field, the nuclei produce an electromagnetic signal. The magnetic fields are produced by superconducting coils. The signal produced shares qualities with the magnetic field at the nucleus and provides a lot of information about the properties of the atom. This excitation results in nuclear spin however, after a specific amount of time these atoms return to their equilibrium state by a process known as T1 and T2 relaxation. By measuring this relaxation behavior, more information can be obtained about the material being tested. There are three main steps involved in the NMR process:
- Alignment (polarization): A constant magnetic field is applied to the nuclear magnetic spins of the molecule.
- Perturbation: The oscillating magnetic field is applied to and perturbs the nuclear spins of the molecules. The oscillating magnetic field is also referred to as a radio-frequency pulse.
- Detection: The NMR signal is picked up by the detection coil due to the specific precession spin rate of the nuclei in the magnetic field.
NMR Spectroscopy Methods, Techniques, and Cost
Getting information about a molecule’s structure can be difficult, however, NMR spectroscopy is a technique that offers a solution to that issue. After the samples are exposed to radio waves, an NMR signal is produced from the excited nuclei. This signal can be used to create a unique NMR spectra that can be analyzed to determine various properties about the material. Compounds produce highly characteristic fields whose NMR properties are very unique, making NMR spectroscopy an invaluable tool in organic chemistry when identifying monomolecular organic compounds. In biochemistry, it is used to identify proteins and other complex molecules. The most common types are proton and carbon-13 NMR spectroscopy.
Generally speaking, Fourier-transform spectroscopy describes a spectroscopic technique that uses Fourier transformation to analyze data and convert it into a spectrum. Specifically, Fourier-transform NMR spectroscopy uses electromagnetic radiation from a molecule to obtain a spectrum that can be analyzed. It is considered a type of magnetic spectroscopy and the atomic nuclei are excited using radio frequency pulses. Once placed in a strong magnetic field, the substance is struck by pulses of radio frequencies which excite the atoms in the sample, causing them to spin or gyrate. This behavior is then picked up by a detector coil and analyzed. The specific spectral data that is obtained then can be used to identify many properties about the substance. This technique has replaced the previously popular constant wave spectroscopy method due to it being much more sensitive and able to gather more information about samples.
Many NMR spectroscopic techniques only plot their data along a simple frequency axis however, more detail about molecules can be obtained if two axes are used. 2D-NMR spectroscopy takes the spectral data and plots it along two frequency axes. This is particularly useful for observing molecular structures, especially complex molecules that cannot be fully observed using only one- dimensional NMR. There are several types of 2D-NMR spectroscopy methods including correlation spectroscopy (COSY), J-spectroscopy, and nuclear Overhauser effect spectroscopy (NOESY). 2D-NMR typically consists of four periods:
- Preparation period: Where RF pulses are used to create the magnetization coherence
- Evolution period: The sample is then exposed to no pulses for a set period of time.
- Mixing period: The coherence is then altered to give off a more observable signal.
- Detection period: The data is collected and analyzed.
Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy (SSNMRS)
Though a useful tool for analyzing atomic structures, NMR has difficulty analyzing solid-state materials. Using a technique known as magic angle spinning (MAS) and dipolar decoupling by RF pulses, SSNMRS is able to analyze these types of materials. MAS refers to the fact that in SSNMRS the sample’s nuclei are spun at a high frequency and a specific angle known as the magic angle. This increases the resolution meaning that the resulting spectral data is more detailed. This data can then be used to identify the molecule, analyze its structure, or look at the kinetics of a chemical system.
The concept of time is one of those ubiquitous yet highly complex terms that, once you believe you fully understand it, something comes along and changes your whole perspective. In 2012, Nobel laureate Frank Wilczek did just that when he proposed the existence of time crystals. Where normal crystals are defined as atoms or molecules that are arranged in a regular and repeated pattern to form a solid in space, Wilczek’s time crystals would do the same only in time. He proposed that these time crystals, which would be dynamically ever-changing in modes of behavior, would repeat at regular intervals. This spontaneity would, in theory, break the inherent symmetric characteristic of time. Though Wilcszek’s time crystals have since been proven to not be possible, the basic principles of having a new type of matter phase continued to be investigated. In 2016, researchers at UC Santa Barbara illustrated that spontaneous breaking of time-translation symmetry is possible in the quantum system referred to as Floquet-many-body-localized driven system. More simply put, time-crystals should occur in systems that are naturally out of thermal equilibrium. This specific version of time-crystals has been expanded on and even tested. Assistant Professor Norman Yao at the University of California, Berkeley showed how time-crystals can exist and wrote how to reproduce his results. Two colleagues at the University of Maryland and at Harvard University have reproduced his results. Due to the detailed quantum nature of their work, NMR spectrometers have increasingly been used to further study discrete time-crystals. The excitation of atoms out of thermal equilibrium using NMR spectroscopy may be temporary but it does provide a great place to observe this new phase of matter.
Nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometers are powerful analytical tools. Acquiring one should help rather than hinder your lab’s ability to function. Avoid the large upfront cost of purchasing an NMR spectrometer with Excedr’s leasing program. Our comprehensive coverage will allow you to focus on your lab’s work while we take care of tedious repairs and preventative maintenance.
We Offer NMR Spectrometer Leases to Fit Every Need
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional monetary savings.
If you recently bought equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your device and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up money in your budget rather than tying it down to a fixed asset.
NMR MACHINE MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Thermo Fisher Scientific: picoSpin 45 Series II NMR Spectrometer, picoSpin 80 Series II NMR Spectrometer
- Oxford Instruments: Pulsar, MQR, MQC+, MQC+23, MQC+5, MQC+F, GeoSpec, GeoSpec GIT ADV, GeoSpec GIT IMG, GeoSpec BASIC, GeoSpec Adv
- Bruker Co.: Advance NEO, NEO NanoBay, Fourier 300 HE, DNP-NMR, Advance IVDr, Hyphenation Systems, SamplePro SPE, SPE-NMR, LC-NMR, LC-SPE-NMR, SampleCase, SampleXpress, SampleXpress Lite, Lab2NMR, Aeon 1GHz, Ascend, Acend Aeon
- CEM Corporation: Oracle, SMART Trac II
- QOneTec: Quantum-1
- Anasazi Instruments Inc.: Eft-60, Eft-90
- Cosa Xentaur: Aspect Ai-60, SpinPlus CX-20
- One Resonance Sensor: MobiLab BLS-Bottle Liquid Scanner
- Vista Clara Inc: Dart, Javelin, Javelin Wireline, GMR Surface, Discus, Dart, Corona Core
- Stelar Srl.: SpinMaster FFC2000 1T C/DC, SMARtracer, HTS-110, High Field NMR Relaxometry, PC-NMR
- JEOL Ltd.: JNM-ECZR series, JNM-ECZS series
- LexMar Global: MAGMODULE II, MAGSTATION II, MAGSTATION Lite
- Magritek: Spinsolve Benchtop, Spinsolve 43, Spinsolve 60, spinsolve 80, Spinsolve ULTRA, Spinsolve Education, Kea2
- NAnalysis Corp.: NMReady-60e, NMReady-60PRO, NMReady-flow
- Molecular Specialties, Inc.: SPINMATER-FFC 2000 1T, SMARtracer Bench-Top FFC
- Peak Scientific: Infinity XE 5011, Infinity XE 5021, Infinity XE 5031, Infinity XE 5041
- TEL-Atomic: PS-15 Pulsed System, CW NMR/ESR SPectrometer, Combination cw/Pulsed NMR & ESR System
- Anvendt Teknologi AS
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing/renting does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.