Blood Bank Analyzer
- We reduce the upfront cost of purchasing instrumentation by enabling you to make payments over time
- Payments may be 100% tax deductible*, which makes leasing even more affordable
- Equipment downtime is minimized with our repair coverage
- Excedr handles the admin work associated with equipment acquisition and servicing
- Using the cost-savings of our lease program, clients are better able to reinvest in their core business and operations (staffing, inventory, marketing/sales, etc.)
*Please consult your tax advisor to determine the full tax implications of leasing equipment.
All equipment brands/models are available
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Blood banks face the same challenges as many other clinical laboratories, and this has shaped the direction of blood bank automation. These challenges vary depending on geography, but almost always include increased workloads, reduced staff levels, higher costs of manual reagents, more rigorous patient safety initiatives, and tighter regulations. Furthermore, equipment and maintenance agreements can require a large initial capital outlay. While automation has become increasingly necessary in today’s immunohematology and blood bank field, acquiring automated or semi-automated equipment can still pose a challenge.
Advantages of Safety & Productivity
Blood bank automation was introduced in the 1960s, and many modern transfusion departments have already moved to automated analysis; however, a large number of smaller laboratories and field sites still use manual methods. Tube testing has traditionally been the gold standard for ABO and Rh grouping, as well as antibody identification and crossmatching, although this is increasingly less true of modern blood banks. The disadvantages of manual analysis include labor-intensive work, reduced efficiency, repetitive processes, and a much lower safety record due to user error. Even small laboratories can benefit from automation, something that frees up technical staff for other tasks that better utilize their skills.
- Increased safety and decreased human error
- Positive patient identification through specimen barcoding
- Stable endpoint (not achieved with tube reactions)
- Ability to archive results
- Higher turnaround times due to batch testing
- LIS interface for downloading requests and uploading results
- Less labor-intensive
- Traceability of reagents, staff, and samples
- Improved objectivity and reproducibility of testing
Automatic crossmatching also offers reduced risk of incompatibility due to user error and/or incorrect labeling or specimen processing.
Ultimately, the type of analyzer that you choose depends on the testing requirements of your department and its budget. Modern automated systems for the blood bank increase throughput and efficiency while lowering safety risk to transfusion recipients and reduce potential for human error. Molecular diagnostics may help to further improve the safety of the transfusion department when used in conjunction with routine automated methodologies. As well as carrying out a thorough evaluation of products on the market, it is extremely valuable to learn from the experience of others. Many blood bank managers have already been through the process of automating their department, and they are now in a position to use their experience to benefit others.
Improve Automation Efficiency When You Lease a Blood Bank Analyzer
This off-balance sheet financing structure provides three options at the end of the term. The lessee has the option to return the equipment to the lessor, renew at a discounted rate, or purchase the instrument for the fair market value. Monthly payments are also 100% tax deductible which yields additional cash savings.
If you recently purchased equipment, Excedr can offer you cash for your instrument and convert your purchase into a long-term rental. This is called a sale leaseback. If you’ve paid for equipment within the last ninety days, we can help you recoup your investment and allow you to make low monthly payments. This also frees up cash in your budget rather than tying it down to the instrument.
BLOOD BANK ANALYZER MANUFACTURERS & MODELS ON THE MARKET
- Immucor: Echo Lumena, NEO Iris, Galileo
- Grifols: Erytra, Erytra Eflexis, Wadiana
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics: ORTHO workstation, ORTHO VISION, ORTHO VISION Max
- Bio-Rad: IH-1000, IH-500, TANGO infinity System
- Abbott Diagnostics: CELL-DYN Sapphire, CELL-DYN Ruby, CELL-DYN SMS, ALINITY
- Beckman Coulter: PK7300
- Abbott: ALINITY
- Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics:
BCS XP, BFT II Analyzer, Sysmex CA-1500, Sysmex CA-7000, Sysmex CA-620, Sysmex CA-660, Sysmex CS-5100, Sysmex CS-2500,1, ADVIA 2120i, CellaVision DM1200, Hematek 3000, ADVIA 360, ADVIA 560, ADVIA 560 AL
BN ProSpec, BN II
- and more!
REQUEST A LEASE ESTIMATE
Effect on Credit & Operating Capital
Leasing does not hinder your future borrowing ability and allows you to keep your business credit line open for expansions, staffing, and other operational expenses. Additionally, it strengthens the cash flow of your business and keeps cash reserves free for business development opportunities.
Unlike traditional financing and leasing companies, the Excedr program can accommodate refurbished/reconditioned equipment in addition to demo units. If you are looking for additional cost-savings, we recommend considering this option.
Speed of Approval
Excedr’s lease program allows you to respond quickly as your need for equipment and technology arises. You can be approved with minimal documentation and have the equipment you need in operation and generating revenue for your business quickly.