Last updated on July 26, 2022 by
Who is Waters Corporation?
Before Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) became the world-renowned measurement company it is today, it began humbly in the basement of the Framingham Police Department in Massachusetts. In 1958, Jim Waters founded and launched his namesake company, Waters Associates.
Under his guidance, the company eventually evolved into Waters Corporation. It is now one of the world’s leading specialty measurement companies.
Today, Waters Corp has a market cap of $25 billion USD and is a pioneer in chromatography, rheometry, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis innovations. The highest standards are maintained to facilitate scientific breakthroughs and empower healthcare systems around the world.
The company is driven by purpose, committed to growth, united by diversity, and is delivering high-value analytical technologies worldwide. It’s headquartered in Milford, Massachusetts, and led by Dr. Udit Batra, the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He also serves as a member of the Board of Directors.
Curious about its product portfolio and how your lab might be able to procure this industry-leading technology? Keep reading to discover more!
Excedr can help your lab get the technology and equipment it deserves. When you lease through Excedr, you can accelerate your R&D and achieve your milestones faster! Get your customized leasing solution now.
Waters Corporation Product Portfolio
There is always a need for new and improved technology. From an average consumer to a research scientist in the lab, society depends on innovation, accurate technology, and groundbreaking science.
Waters Corporation combines all three to bring scientists and researchers a wide range of high-value analytical products and equipment. These products possess unparalleled technical precision to facilitate accurate measurements and analytics. Waters Corp offers products in the following core areas: mass spectrometry, laboratory informatics, and separation and analytical science. The product portfolio comprises:
- Columns: To facilitate the conduction of liquid chromatography, Waters offers high-quality columns of many possible choices and formats, including HPLC, UPLC, UHPLC, GPC & SEC, SFC, and ACQUITY APC™ columns. You can select the column that fits your requirements and conduct experiments with ease.
- Sample Preparation: For every quantitative analysis experiment, proper sample preparation is required. With Waters’ sample preparation solutions, you can expect maximum sensitivity, high recovery and throughput, and reproducible results. In this category, you can find sample prep kits, SPE devices and plates, and more.
- Vials, Plates, and Certified Containers: In this category, you can find sample vials, certified containers, and a selection of 96- and 384-well plates. A wide array of vials (including HPLC-certified vials) are also available.
- Standards and Reagents: For optimal performance and compliance with analytical instrumentation, standards and reagents are a prime component. Waters’ analytical standards and reagents help streamline workflows and meet compliance regulations.
- Laboratory Automation: To streamline pharmaceutical, life science, and analytical LC-MS workflows in modern labs, laboratory automation is a must. Waters provides access to advanced and automated robotic laboratory assistants, automated liquid handling for LC & LC-MS sample preparation workflows, automated connected devices, and other accessories.
- Laboratory Filtration: Find a wide range of membrane types and pore sizes to achieve the most optimal lab filter for any sample type. Filtration products range from high-performance liquid chromatography sample filters to solvent filters and more. These filters are a product exclusively from Pall Life Sciences.
- Chromatography Systems: Waters’ portfolio of LC systems include the: Alliance HPLC System, Arc HPLC System, ACQUITY UPLC/UHPLC Systems, Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC), and many more specialized systems. Whether you’re running standard analyses or aiming to conduct highly efficient separations, you can rely on any one of Waters’ versatile and scalable systems.
- Mass Spectrometry Systems: Mass spectrometers are used to identify and quantify unknown compounds in complex samples. Waters offers mass spectrometry systems with advanced configurations and technologies. From single quadrupole mass detection to time-of-flight mass spectrometry, you can find high-quality instrumentation that enables you to catalog complex samples in a single analysis.
- Integrated Solutions: To overcome operational and data challenges, Waters offers holistically designed ACQUITY PREMIER solutions, BioAccord LC-MS systems, and more. Each solution seamlessly integrates into your workflows and maintains high levels of data quality.
- Purification Solutions: Achieving the right level of sample purification is a challenge, but Waters’ purification solutions get you as close as possible. These solutions cover a wide selection of scale and configurability to meet every researcher’s unique needs. Find small-scale isolation solutions, preparative HPLC, and bench-scale purification solutions in this category.
- Informatics and Software: To manage and integrate scientific data, a wide range of data systems and software are provided by Waters Corp, including its Empower Chromatography Data System, MassLynx Spectrometry Software, NuGenesis Lab Management System, and more.
For a comprehensive understanding of the product portfolio, please visit www.waters.com.
Waters Corporation Applications
To overcome analytical challenges in research and unlock the potential of science in labs, scientists rely on the technology and products offered by Waters. Waters’ products and solutions hold applications in several sectors, including:
- Materials Science
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Biomedical Research
- Forensic Toxicology
Support with Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation aims to benefit its customers globally. To ensure delivery of superior service, support, customization, and upgrades, Waters has invested in customer success tools that include:
- Technical Support
- Waters Knowledge Base
- Support Documents and Downloads
- Certificates of Analysis
- Safety Data Sheets
- How-to Videos
- Software Upgrades
- Instrument Upgrades
- Graphical Parts Locator
Don’t have the budget to purchase lab equipment outright? Consider leasing through Excedr to save your lab time and money. Browse your leasing options today!
Procure High-Quality Lab Equipment on Lease
Waters Corporation has been driven by innovation for the past 60 years and strives to deliver benefits to research labs, organizations, institutions, and communities around the world with its high-quality measurement and analytical technology.
If your lab is working towards impactful research but can’t afford to invest in high-priced instruments, consider leasing with Excedr instead.
We offer labs and scientists customized lease solutions for hassle-free procurement of measurement and analytical equipment at affordable rates.
To know more, get in touch with us today.