Bruker Corporation & High-Value Life Science Equipment
Last updated on July 26, 2022 by
What Does Bruker Do & How Can it Help You?
Continuous innovation is one of the only ways to improve the quality of human life. Several organizations understand this and work tirelessly to bring about solutions that can make our lives easier.
Bruker (NASDAQ: BRKR) is one such company. It provides high-performance scientific instruments to support scientists’ R&D on life and materials at molecular, cellular, and microscopic levels.
The company was founded by Günther Laukien and Emil Bruker in 1960 as Bruker-Physik AG. Currently, the company is led by Frank H. Laukien (Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer). It is headquartered in Billerica, Massachusetts, US.
Bruker is a parent company of Bruker Scientific Instruments, which include Bruker AXS, Bruker BioSpin, Bruker Daltonics, and Bruker Optics, and Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies (BEST) divisions.
The Bruker Corporation is committed to bringing high-value analytical and diagnostic solutions for molecular and materials research and studies. It works in close collaboration and tandem with its key stakeholders and customers to introduce new and improved products in a range of areas, including:
- Life science molecular research
- Applied and pharma applications
- Microscopy and nanoanalysis
- Industrial applications
- Cell biology
- Preclinical imaging
- Clinical phenomics
- Proteomics research
- Clinical microbiology
This article reviews the portfolio of Bruker’s products and their applications in different industrial or research areas.
Excedr can help your lab get the technology and equipment it deserves. When you lease through Excedr, you can accelerate your R&D and achieve your milestones faster. Get your customized leasing solution now.
Bruker’s Product Portfolio & Solutions
Bruker is a global leader and provider of scientific instruments and analytical and diagnostic solutions. Its products are specifically designed to detect, measure, and visualize structural characteristics of various chemical, biological, and industrial material samples.
Its portfolio ranges from mass spectrometers, powder X-ray diffractometers, X-ray tomography devices, fluorescence microscopes, atomic-force microscopes, to profilometers. Given below is a list of products and services offered by Bruker in suitable categories:
- CBRNE Detectors: Includes instruments for mobile gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS), nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometry (NMR), passive FT-IR spectrometry, and radiological detection. A few examples of products in this category are radiation probes, FT-IR spectrometers, ELISA kits, and more.
- Diffractometers & Scattering Systems: Bruker offers analytical solutions for X-ray diffraction and scattering to support research development in academia, governmental institutions, and industrial settings. This category includes products like the D2 PHASER (benchtop X-ray powder diffraction), D8 VENTURE (single crystal X-ray diffraction), and the NANOSTAR (small-angle X-ray scattering).
- Elemental Analyzers: Bruker develops instruments for elemental analysis processes from 100% down to the sub-ppb trace level. It has products for several lab workflows that range from electron microscope analyzers, handheld X-ray fluorescence devices, and X-ray fluorescence spectrometers.
- Fluorescence Microscopy Solutions: Bruker has a suite of fluorescence microscopy systems that provide imaging depth, speed, and high resolution required for intravital imaging applications in neuroscience, oncology, and immunology.
- Infrared, Near Infrared & Raman: This category includes compact, portable routine, and powerful research spectrometers. Solutions cover the entire spectral range from near-infrared, mid-infrared, far-infrared to THz applications.
- Laboratory Data Management: Bruker has a wide range of laboratory data management solutions, provided through its large portfolio of Arxspan products. Arxspan is a cloud-based solution that features specific learning modules, an electronic lab notebook (ELN), registration, inventory, assay data management, and more.
- Microbiology & Diagnostics: Solutions for rapid identification and analysis of microorganisms, from microbial stain typing, molecular diagnostics, and sepsis and resistance testing.
- Mass Spectrometry: Bruker is pushing scientific exploration to new heights with its innovative mass spectrometry solutions such as its Trapped Ion Mobility (TIMS), smart beam and scanning lasers for MALDI-MS imaging, and eXtreme Resolution FTMS (XR) technology, delivering true pixel fidelity and Isotopic Fine Structure (IFS) signatures.
- Magnetic Resonance/Spectroscopy Technologies: Find a range of NMR and EPR software and instruments for industrial and clinical research. Some example products in this category are the Fourier 80, EMXplus, and NMR software solutions.
- Microscopes: Bruker’s microscope portfolio ranges from atomic force microscopes, FT-IR microscopes, and Raman microscopes to electron microscope analyzers. They provide unique insights into life sciences research with previously inaccessible data, such as physical structure, biochemical interactions, and others.
- Preclinical Imaging/Imaging Modalities/Imaging Solutions: Bruker offers several advanced preclinical imaging solutions including the SKYSCAN 1275 (3D X-ray microCT systems), ParaVision 360 (preclinical imaging software), and Ultra-High Field BioSpec instruments (MRI system with maximum sensitivity and resolution).
- Semiconductor Solutions: Find a range of process equipment and meteorology systems for current and future semiconductor manufacturing processes. You’ll find cryogenic CO2 cleaning products, nanomechanical meteorology tools, stylus profilers, and many inspection and repair tools in this category.
- Superconductors & Metal Composites: Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies (BEST) provides a unique spectrum of research instruments, superconductors, and cuponal products.
- Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR): This category offers optical-based, label-free detection technologies for real-time monitoring of binding interactions between two or more molecules.
- Test & Measurement: Bruker’s test and measurement solutions include 3D optical profilers, nanomechanical test systems, calibration products, and dimensional metrology systems.
Bruker has a spectrum of tools, equipment, and solutions designed for the growing needs of diverse customers in life science research, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, clinical research, microbiology, nanotechnology, and more.
Given below are the categories of application of Bruker’s products and solutions:
Detection & Environmental
- Bruker’s exceptional products and tools can detect micropollutants, particle traces, and hazardous materials, which have a vast application in the fields of environmental sciences, forensics, and safety and security.
- The company’s field-tested analytical solutions are dedicated to detecting pesticides, heavy metals, and organic contaminants in food, soil, and water.
- In forensics, the instruments help detect evidence invisible to the human eyes including illegal drug analysis, fiber, glass fragment and paint chip characterization, and gunshot residues.
- Bruker offers industries a wide range of analytical and quality control tools to meet all/any stringent industrial standards.
- The products are useful for different industrial areas, including automotive and aerospace, chemicals, cosmetics, metals, gas analysis, and textiles and fibers.
Food Analysis & Agriculture
- Bruker’s solutions safeguard the quality and safety of food, beverages, and agricultural products throughout the entire supply chain, from product development to quality control and inspections.
- Its analytical solutions enable easier and faster detection of contaminants, ensure product authenticity, and effectively determine nutritional parameters.
Microbiology & Diagnostics
- Bruker supports researchers and healthcare providers in identifying and analyzing microorganisms by providing instrumentation and molecular diagnostics assays.
- The products have applications in COVID-19 testing, veterinary microbiology, pharmaceutical microbiology, and other microbiology research.
Life Science Research
- Bruker’s products and analytical methods foster innovation in the growing life science fields such as proteomics, genomics, oncology, neuroscience, and metabolomics.
- Products help identify potential new drugs for diagnosing and treating diseases and provide key insights into drug toxicity, tumor development, and responses to certain treatments.
Materials Science Research
- Bruker’s analytical systems provide deeper insights into the nanoscale cosmos to create innovative and usable products.
- Their systems drive progress in energy storage, efficient drug delivery, additive manufacturing and provide new insights into historical artifacts and production processes.
Minerals, Mining & Petrochemical
- Bruker has a whole workflow solution and tools to investigate rocks, minerals, and materials from the nanometer to the planetary scale.
- Its instruments help in compositional analysis, classification, and grading of gemstones, chemical, and mineral analysis, and ensure the quality and safety of refined oil and fuels.
Pharma & Biopharma
- Bruker’s pharma and biopharma offerings cover a broad range of analytical techniques that produce high-value data to accelerate discovery, development, and manufacturing while effectively managing risk and reducing the time-to-market.
Semiconductor & Nanotech
- Solutions can be utilized in the R&D of solar technologies, display and touch panels, identifying defects and contamination, electronic components, and more.
Please visit www.bruker.com to learn more about its scientific instruments and get updates on its latest webinars and trending topics.
Procure High-Quality Lab Equipment with Flexible Lease Options
Bruker Corporation is a leading industry in developing high-value analytical and diagnostic solutions. Its extensive range of products helps scientists make breakthroughs and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life.
Its products are available for a spectrum of applications, ranging from forensic investigations, life science research, biopharma activities, and food quality and safety analysis.
For labs who wish to procure such high-value equipment but can’t afford to make outright purchases, consider Excedr’s flexible and affordable leasing solution.
Excedr empowers life sciences, clinical, and chemistry organizations to outfit their labs with the necessary cutting-edge equipment without the high upfront costs.
Don’t have the budget to purchase lab equipment outright? Consider leasing through Excedr to save your lab time and money. Browse your leasing options today!